Automatic's

petro petro at bounty.org
Sun Jun 10 16:56:28 PDT 2001

>At 11:53 AM 6/7/01 -0700, Jonathan Wienke wrote:
>>
>>They used I.M.I. Desert Eagles chambered for .50 Action Express. I
>>have one in .44 Magnum, made in Israel, imported by Magnum Research,
>>Inc.
>
>Those are typical Hollywood guns, largely impractical.  Cool looking,
>certainly.
>
>Now a Barrett in .50...

	Is used as cool looking, and just as impractical for anything
other than infrastructure hits.

	A .300 Win Mag or .338 Laupa will do 1000 to 1500 yard hits
just as well, in a smaller, cheaper, easier to handle package.

	Anything past 800 to 1000 yards is luck and voodoo anyway.
http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
It is one of the essential features of such incompetence that the person so
afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent. To have such
knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the offense.