"This Is Your Brain On Cow"

Greg Newby gbnewby at ils.unc.edu
Sun Jun 10 11:09:42 PDT 2001

Aha, yes.  Being a vegan, I don't need to worry about such things.  I
demonstrate my courage by snorting a line of caffeine, followed by
some guacamole.

If I'm feeling up to pushing the edge, I may use non-organically
grown avocados.

BTW, the "This Is Your Brain on Cow" ads, which I saw while in NYC
recently, are done by McDonalds' advertising agency.  Evidently, the
real fear (but maybe this is just conspiracy theory) is that mad cow
will become so popular that McDonalds will suffer lost revenues.

This is because there are strict US FDA regulations concerning the use
of infected beef in restaraunts, but they have little to say about
what individuals in private homes eat.

  -- Greg

PS: I hear that the Japan story is a hoax, as infected beef is
almost impossible to get there.  People pay money for the thrill,
but are really just getting marinated chicken.