(on Young's "private language")

Aimee Farr aimee.farr at pobox.com
Sun Jun 10 00:02:11 PDT 2001

Honig wrote:

> AF, we have only so much patience.  State your point in a paragraph at
> most, or don't expect to be read.  I think that was SS's point.  Noone
> has any obligation (much less interest) to read anyone's linguistic
> masturbation.

Yes, David, truly, I expected (to paraphrase Sandfort) "the most members of
this audience" to be drawn in by Plato's Republic, so as to entertain the
nature of Sophist dialogue ...reflect on Wittgensteinian philosophy
...engage in concept analysis ...to sit and marvel on the colored numenons
of Raphael ...to meander down linguistic folkways.... Yea, to even come away
pondering The Allegory of the Cave....

Damn.

~Aimee