FW: City Tree Rapers

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Jun 9 20:55:09 PDT 2001

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001 CeejEngine at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/9/01 11:35:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> ravage at einstein.ssz.com writes:
>

> > Bullshit, the 1st makes no such distinction. With respect to libel, or any
> > other form of speech it only says it isn't a federal issue. Note that no
> >

> Yeah, but then you've got the 14th, which has been used to apply the Bill of
> Rights to the states (due process clause), so that means that no gov. can
> restrict free speech. As for libel, its damn hard to make stick- public
> figures have a hight standard, which includes proving actual malice. Fun
> times.

But the 14'th only speaks of 'priviliges and immunities' it never(!) uses
the term 'right' and a right is clearly not a privilige or immunity (read
the first two para's of the DoI for explanation of 'right').

If anything the 14'th would prevent states from making any(!) laws
respecting speech, even if we accept rights as priviliges or immunities.

              "...where annual election ends, tyranny begins;"

                               Thomas Jefferson & Samuel Adams

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com