FW: City Tree Rapers

Kraft, Warren P. WKraft at ci.oshkosh.wi.us
Fri Jun 8 12:53:28 PDT 2001

Dear Mr. Seaver:

    The mayor invites you to come forward with proof to support your
allegations of kickbacks at city hall, as posted on your website.
http://www.oshkoshbygosh.org

   You surely can attend the next Common Council meeting, which begins at
6PM on Tuesday, June 12, 2001, in Room 406 of City Hall, 215 Church Avenue.
There is a portion near the meeting's end, entitled Citizen Statements,
during which time you have ample opportunity to substantiate your claims.

   Otherwise, if you do not have such proof, you ought to consult with legal
counsel to determine what appropriate retractions should be published.  You
might be aware that defamation of character, also known as libel, can result
in civil lawsuits against the defamer. In addition, you may wish to ask
about unauthorized use of portions of the City of Oshkosh website.

Please do not misinterpret this as an effort to stifle appropriate public
discussion about municipal issues.  Valid, public opinions ought not lead
one into legal trouble unless intended to do so.

Thank you very much,
Warren P. Kraft
City Attorney's Office
215 Church Ave
P. O. Box 1130
Oshkosh WI  54903-1130
(920) 236-5115
fax: 920-236-5090

PS  Just so there is no misunderstanding, I do not consent to your
publication of these comments in any fashion other than during a
consultation with your legal counsel, should you so choose.  Feel free to
contact me directly about any questions you may have in these areas.