Will the real Slim Shady please shut up

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 10:03:57 PDT 2001

George at Orwellian.Org wrote:

> What's the deal with the FCC fining (censoring) a Colorado radio
> station for playing the _censored_ version of one of his songs?

Clue me in here chaps - what's the deal with anyone censoring anything
at all? You guys are always telling us that your nth amendment
guarantees freedom of speech unlike us poor benighted eurosheep. If you
now tell me that freedom of speech doesn't actually apply on commercial
radio...

No wonder so many foreigners listen to the BBC World Service. If you are
going to have government-censored radio and thinly veiled propaganda you
might as well have *good* government-censored radio and thinly veiled
propaganda.

Ken