Criminalizing crypto criticism

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Tue Jul 31 15:43:12 PDT 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Rick Smith at Secure Computing wrote:

> There are probably enough "cryptography researchers" out there that even a
> large vendor won't feel tempted to harass them all proactively.

All they have to do is make a messy example out of one or two. (It also
helps if you can get a prosecutor that is working on a promotion to help
out.)

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
 "All power is derived from the barrel of a gnu." - Mao Tse Stallman