DOJ jails reporter, Ashcroft allows more journalist subpoenas

Dr. Evil drevil at sidereal.kz
Mon Jul 30 17:12:04 PDT 2001

> Not a particularly useful answer and not necessarily justifiable on the
> part of the court. I think eventually a better answer would have to be
> produced, one that justified the censorship. We're back to what
> originally struck me as odd, and wrong, about this item. Whoever has her
> stuff should copy it and move the copy offshore because something is
> very wrong on the part of the court.

Just because they're wrong and you're right doesn't benefit you at all
when you are in jail for contempt, losing your ass-cherry.  The belief
to the contrary is what M. Unicorn would call a "classic Cypherpunk
fallacy".  M. Unicorn is absolutely right here.  Trusts are a great
thing which, in this case, allow you to completely achieve what you're
trying to achieve, while complying all of the court's instructions.
Use them!  Why waste time being an outlaw?