Do not taunt happy-fun-court.

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Mon Jul 30 18:53:25 PDT 2001

Oh pointy one,

I suppose you feel the same way about discussions of law as I feel about
discussions of physics. I think if we studied the archives  we'd find
that my physics is pretty well on target. I try to stay out of it but
sometimes I just can't help myself. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

When I said IANAL I did not offer legal advice - I only offered what I
think is right. Maybe that's what IANAL means. Shake loose a little of
your own earfudge and try reading it that way.

Right and wrong are not strictly the same as what is legal and what is
not. That imperfect alignment is the topic of many of the discussions on
this list. It may be idealistic and out of line with reality but no more
so than is the idea that the law defines right and wrong, is absolute
and in control. Besides, without a little idealism we'd all be eating
the King's shit three times a day and telling ourselves it's delicious.

SO, thanks bunches for your time. When I need legal advice I'll
certainly hire a lawyer and not someone who prefaces his statements with
IANAL. When I want to discuss opinions of what is right and what is
wrong I already know enough to take what a lawyer says cum grano salis.

Mike