Criminalizing crypto criticism

georgemw at speakeasy.net georgemw at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 27 20:27:41 PDT 2001

On 27 Jul 2001, at 17:04, mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:

> George wrote :

> As for Mr. Felton's run-in with this abomination, did he sign any sort
> of contract with the music guys to get the materials he needed to do his
> work? That might change how we view his situation relative to DMCA.
>
> Mike

Well, maybe.  As I recall,  one of the things mentioned in the
complaint is that he violated the click-through license agreement
by publishing his results.  My understanding is that it has not
been thoroughly resolved how binding these things are.  I think it's
only in Dilbert that you can click on one of these without reading it
and wind up as Bill Gates' towelboy,  but IANAL.

ObPuzzle: You are in a room with three monkeys.  One has a
banana, one has a stick, one has nothing. Which primate is the
smartest?

George