Open 802.11b wireless access points and remailers

Jim Windle jim_windle at eudoramail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:04:03 PDT 2001

In addition people looking for AP maps and technical info can also try:

http://www.personaltelco.net

By agreement among some of the local groups around the country this site is supposed to act as a clearing house for the different groups.  It has a fairly good section with AP maps for different areas.

http://nocat.net

This is the Sonoma County group.  I beleive some of the people involved work at O'Reilly so they have emphasized writing technical papers many of which are posted on the site, including the amazingly wonderful Pringles Potato Chip can antenna (be sure to throw the chips outs, don't eat them they taste like cardboard).

Jim Windle