Attention to detail slacking

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Jul 26 10:09:08 PDT 2001

At 12:54 PM -0400 7/26/01, Trei, Peter wrote:
>Careful, or you'll be W.A.S.T.E.d
>
>Oedipa was perfectly sane - it was the people around
>her who were "interesting".
>
>TCOL49 was my first introduction to conspiracy theory
>and the notion of 'hidden history'. I remember it fondly.
>
>Peter

Amusingly, Robert Anton Wilson claims in his book "Everything is
Under Control: Conspiracies, Cults, and Cover-Ups," the following:

"It has even been suggested that Pynchon is a pen name for T.C. May
(see Crypto Anarchy)."

The fact that both TRP and myself lived in the small coastal town of
Aptos during the same years is mere coinci-dance. The fact that
Wilson lives in a nearby town, Capitola, is another coinci-dance. The
fact that his daughters live on the ridge opposite mine is also
coinci-dance. The fact that Dr. Bob Newport, one of the original
slackers, lives nearby is also just an example of there being a lot
of slack in this area.

(The true site for much of "Vineland," not the Mendocino forests so
often claimed. Wanda Tinasky lives!)

--Tyrone Slothrop

--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns