Open 802.11b wireless access points and remailers

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Thu Jul 26 08:56:33 PDT 2001

At 03:38 AM 7/26/01 -0400, dmolnar wrote:
>> Lots of mil apps for fully distributed RF nets, too.
>
>That's where spread-spectrum came from, isn't it? How much is publically
>known about the toys they already have?
>
>-David

Spread spectrum and freq hopping are separate.  They make jamming/finding
harder.  But they don't change the topology.

What I meant is if each soldier's radio relays messages, you don't
need a big succeptible basestation.

Similarly with sensor nets, robot swarms, etc.

Did you know that NEC is selling a .4 x .4 mm x 60 micron chip that has
a 128-bit ROM and an RF interface?   For embedding into security docs.
Externally powered, 30 cm range.

Add sensors, solar power storage, longer range, and relay messages.
Like dust in the wind.