Assasination Politics in the Middle East

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Wed Jul 25 18:39:23 PDT 2001

At 05:11 PM 07/23/2001 -0700, Mr. Falun Gong wrote:

>Ok, the Subject line is a bit of a stretch, as there's no anon payment,
>but it is interesting nonetheless.
>
>  Israel to look into Arafat murder ad
>  By SAUD ABU RAMADAN
>
>   GAZA, July 23 (UPI) -- Israel's attorney general on Monday said he
>would consider opening a criminal investigation into an advertisement that
>urged anyone who had the opportunity to murder Palestinian leader Yasser
>Arafat, the Haaretz newspaper reported.

I saw a wire-service article the other day that said that
Ariel Sharon's government had put out or endorsed a list of
radical fanatic extremist Palestinian group leaders who were targets for
assassination in revenge for the recent bombings in Israel.
Perhaps the article got mangled in translation or
I misread it because the train was noisy,
but it sure looked that way.  It didn't mention Arafat