Vengeance Against Adobe

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Jul 24 09:04:23 PDT 2001

At 1:58 AM -0700 7/24/01, Petro wrote:
>At 11:47 PM -0500 7/23/01, measl at mfn.org wrote:
>>On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Tim May wrote:
>>
>>>  Adobe will be suffering for a long time to come.
>>
>>While it is a consummation devoutly to be wished, I predict that the
>>"backlash" will be gone in a mere matter of weeks, if not days.  Let's
>>face it: the people most likely to be Adobe *customers* are anything but
>>hungry.  A fat customer is an apathetic customer...
>
>	Let us also be honest and admit that the very people Adobe products
>target are also the least likely to understand this whole thing, and often
>even less likely to care--or if they do, they might even agree with Adobe.

Let me be clear about something: I wasn't predicting a significant
"boycott" against Adobe products. Most corporate purchasers pick
their tools based on what they need, not based on ideology. If they
need InDesign or Photoshop, that's what they'll buy.

My comments were about Adobe's _recruiting_ efforts. I expect
lingering effects of this episode to affect their ability to recruit.

I stand by that prediction.

--Tim May

--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns