The amazing victory of "protestor" bullshit. Was: Re: A question of self-defence - Fire extinguishers & self defence

Andrew Woods andrew at pokerspot.com
Tue Jul 24 02:29:28 PDT 2001

I agree with your statements regarding confrontation of heavily armed
militia men. The email was basically a response to the general conception
that he was throwing the extinguisher, a conception which is somewhat
contrary to the photographic evidence.

The question, given the evidence, is whether the protestors were pounding
on the Italian paramilitary, or the paramilitary came to pound on peaceful
protestors who stayed in the designated area, and then something went awry.
I agree with both Choate (oops) and Petro, that cops should not be trigger
happy, and sending soldiers into "peacekeeping" actions is counter to the
majority of their training and habits.

How can you possibly know the intentions of "most of the protestors"? I
suspect (but do not know) the intent of the rowdier 10% of protestors was
to disrupt the meeting of the Group of 8 through their actions, not simply
to fuck up the city of Genoa.

I will ignore your useless ad hominem attack, because you know even less
about me than what happened to Carlo Giuliani.