A proletariat experiment...

Petro petro at bounty.org
Tue Jul 24 01:11:20 PDT 2001

>The bottle is a little smaller than a 15 lb bottle, of course the 15 lb's
>refers to the weight of the bottle itself, it is closer to 50 lbs if it is
>fully charged with carbon dioxide (which we have no way to know whether it
>it was charged or what it was (once?) charged with).

	Well, memory may be playing tricks on me, but from what I remember
from my fire fighting training in the Marine Corps, 15 pounds was the weight
of the agent.

	A 50 pound bottle would really defeat the purpose of a portable
fire extinguisher. There are many people who would have trouble holding the
bottle in one had and pointing the nozzle with the other.

	Even a 35 pound (25 pounds agent, 10 pounds bottle) bottle is hard
to manage at times.

	Depending on the construction of the container you could add another
5 to 10 pounds for the bottle etc.