What the Swiss have

cubic-dog dog3 at ns.charc.net
Mon Jul 23 03:47:08 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 George at Orwellian.Org wrote:

> Sandman wrote:
> #
> #    The part I like is that the wording suggests that the writer
> #    is surprises that a population can have a lot of guns and "yet
> #    maintains a remarkably low homicide and armed crime rate."  Duh.
>
> A different society.
>
> It wouldn't work here.

It does work here,

Here, there are a lot of guns in the
population. In places "Here" where there
aren't any idiotic gun laws, the law
abiding peacable folks keep guns. In these
places there are remarkably low homicide and
armed crime rates.

There is a direct correlation between
the restrictive gun laws and crime, the
higher the crime, the tighter the restriction
on peacable citizens right to bear arms.
The tighter the restriction on peaceable
citizens right to bear arms, the
higher the crime.

Why this simple logic eludes the
anti-gunners is a complete and total