Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 23 00:39:36 PDT 2001

Petro wrote:

> Even if one assumes that the
> G8 reps from this country are
> directly appointed by elected
> officials (and it's not a bet
> I'd be willing to take), I'd
> bet that most of the others
> are not.

Maybe yes, maybe no, but the G8 are all nominally democratic.  Anything to
back up your assumption?  Anyway, democracy is just the dictatorship of the
proletariat.  I'm against ALL dictatorships.  As I've been saying, having
either of those sets of monkeys at Genoa having any power over me is not my
ideal.

> >No argument there, but I think
> >the barbarians at the gate (the
> >rioters) would be infinitely worse.
>
> Nah, most of them don't have guns.

It was a hypothetical statement.  If the rioters were in charge they WOULD
have the guns, by definition.  Were that the case, I think they would be
infinitely worse.

> >..."90% of EVERYTHING is crap."
>
> 	Oh, and optimist.

Yeah, I thought so too.

> The system, at least the part that
> really bothers them, cannot be
> changed.
>
> The laws of physics, as near a we
> can tell are, outside of a black
> hole, fairly impervious to change.

So your beef is against physics?  Man, and I thought those rioters were
wishful thinkers.  What's at the top of your list, gravity?  Rock on.

 S a n d y