Ashcroft Targets U.S. Cybercrime

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Jul 22 17:50:28 PDT 2001

Yes, the head of ElcomSoft and another senior officer
were in the US when Dmitry was busted, Alexander
Katalov and his brother Vladimir. I spoke to and e-mailed
Vladimir a couple of days after the arrest and he was
dismayed at being unable to speak to Dmitry and getting
the runaround from the Las Vegas authorities. He was
apprehensive that the whole ElcomSoft crew in the US
would be busted, and didn't know who to turn to for
advice.

Vladimir was in Portland so I gave him Robb London's
lovenest address and phone number.