Ashcroft Targets U.S. Cybercrime

Petro petro at bounty.org
Sun Jul 22 14:09:58 PDT 2001

At 12:32 PM -0500 7/21/01, Benson Schliesser wrote:
>> We still live in a country that has laws, and we *should* expect the LEAs
>to enforce all laws that are on the books.
>>
>> If you have a problem with the laws, it's not the LEAs fault, it's the
>legislature and the Executive branch.
>

>And the Jewish population of Europe during WW2 had no right to complain
>about the Nazi soldiers just doing their job, right...

	If one can't distinguish between the enforcement of laws of questionable constitutional validity (yes, *questionable*) and genocide, then one should probably load the bong again, watch cartoons on TV and stay far, far away from the ballot box.

	In the grand scheme of things, Ashcroft believes (or appears to) in the Constitution. He may have some differences of opinion with many or most on this list, but he believes in it.

	That is better than we've had in at least 6 years, probably more.