CNN.com - Family remembers G8 protester - July 21, 2001

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Sun Jul 22 07:58:54 PDT 2001

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> I'm sympathetic to the deceased's family. But it strikes me that if
> you assault a police vehicle with armed cops inside with the evident
> intent to do physical harm, you'd better be wearing a bulletproof vest.

That has yet to be proven. Simply tumping a vehicle over is not in and of
itself 'intent to do physical harm'. You assume, without evidence, that
the protestors even knew the van was occupied. Further, you assume that
the protestor shot was actually involved. Further, you assume that the
store the police stated is accurate.

A lot of assumptions for somebody who is supposed to be unbiased as a
journalist.

(Of course we know you're neither)

                Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night:
                God said, "Let Tesla be", and all was light.

                                          B.A. Behrend

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com