Killing the G8 Anarchists,

Faustine a3495 at cotse.com
Sat Jul 21 15:38:18 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Faustine wrote:
Jim wrote:

> Speaking for myself, I'm not "owned" by anyone. I obey state and federal
> laws though, if that's what you mean.
>>Even when they're unconstitutional I bet...
>>Some American.

..so does this mean you're going to be the first to share with the
readership exactly *which* state and federal laws you break on a regular
basis? LOL ridiculous.

> You don't need a gun to enforce ownership, what do you think contract and
property law is all about.
>>Which is worthless without the explicit and well advertised threat of
>>violence. See G8 demonstrations today for a explicit example.

"all power flows from the barrel of a gun?" Maybe so. But most people who
sign contracts are more motivated by the threat of lawsuits, jail and fines
than the direct threat of violence.

> Sometimes words or a fist do just as well... What any of this has to do
> with supporting the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms is totally unclear.
>>See G8 today.

Nothing I see there really points to personal disarmament being a wise
course of action.

> By the way, why don't you think people have a right to defend their own
> lives and property?
>Don't the people demonstrating have a right to defend their lives and
>property?

Absolutely, no doubt about it. So how does it follow that this somehow
makes it okay to harm other people and destroy their property without being
held accountable for it by the people themselves? Legitimate protest is one
thing, but the problem is, people who are out to "fuck shit up" aren't too
discriminate about their targets. If your business was in the middle of a
riot zone, would you just choose the "roll over and die" option? Somehow I
think not.

>>Their claim is it is being abused and destroyed.

There are too many disparate groups under the umbrella of "anti-
globalization" to be able to sum it up into a single claim like that.
Abused and destroyed? What, how, when, by whom? How can you hope to make
policy around some vague generalization. More analysis, less rhetoric.

>>Where is
>>their spokesperson at the G8? Where is there forum?

That's what NGOs are for. There are some interesting books about their
growing importance and the role of technology in making it happen that are
really encouraging...have you seen a book by David Ronfeldt and John
Arquilla called "The Zapatista Social Netwar in Mexico"? I don't know if
you can get a online copy somewhere but it's worth a look.

> When I'm attacked, why shouldn't I fight back?
>>Hypocrite.
>>Freedom for me, not for thee...

Where did that come from, I believe 100% in the right to be left alone.
Anyone on this earth can do whatever they want, but attack me and be
prepared to PAY: what could be more honest and straightforward than that.
It's just insane to expect people to put themselves at the mercy of anyone
who comes along: what are you really saying here, feel free to fill me in!
A great place to start might be defining "anti-globalism", the reasons
behind the need for violent indiscriminate protest, and how any of that
bears a relation to the second amendment. Sheesh...

~Faustine.