Killing the G8 Anarchists

Sampo Syreeni decoy at iki.fi
Sat Jul 21 07:27:43 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Tim May wrote:

>WHY AREN'T THE OWNERS OF THESE PROPERTIES DEFENDING THEIR PROPERTY?
>
>Why are't shop owners spraying the looters with automatic weapons fire?
>
>Because, of course, Europeans are disarmed.

Not all of us. In fact, if you look at the statistics, e.g. we Finnish
people are actually quite *well* armed. Just not with handguns, but hunting
rifles. If something like that were to happen here, there would be no
shortage of firepower. However, over here the fact that they are torching
your property isn't an excuse to shoot -- if you manage to kill one, it's
murder, and probably not even in mitigating circumstances. The same applies
doublefold to defending yourself against police brutality and co. People
usually don't think about using firearms to defend themselves, even if they
happen to own some. They know they'll get nailed for it, no matter how
righteous the shooting might seem to be.

Dunno... Seeing what went down in Gothenburg, and the shit that's going on
now in Genoa, I too am beginning to think there is something very wrong with
all this...

>The property-destroying "anarchists" are giving anarchy a bad name.

Agreed.

Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy, mailto:decoy at iki.fi, gsm: +358-50-5756111