Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 21 15:51:47 PDT 2001

"Anonymous" wrote:

> And so you propose that the protestors
> travelled hundreds of miles, putting
> themselves in direct danger of physical
> harm, simply for fun?

Yup.  Though I'd disagree with the "in direct danger of physical harm" part.
Only the most foolish or intoxicated rioters are right up front.  Rioting at
the WTO or whatever is statistically safer than running with the bulls at
Pamplona and the looting is MUCH better.  By the way, running with the bulls
is something that folks also travel hundreds, even thousands, of miles to
do).

> Certainly the UofM riots don't
> illustrate that mindset...

I think you're wrong; they got the same essentials right:  bait the cops,
overturn cars and burn shit.

> I would submit that you have no
> idea what the protestors actual
> motivations are.

I have a very good idea, you're just to ideologically fixated to see the
obvious correctness of it.

 S a n d y