Rallies on Monday

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Jul 21 12:26:07 PDT 2001

At 2:42 PM -0400 7/21/01, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>At 11:09 AM 7/21/01 -0700, David Honig wrote:
>>And the FBI identifies him as the copyright holder.
>>
>>What would they have done if a group[1] was listed after the (C)?
>>[1] registered corporation, anonymous coders, anonymous registered
>>corporation (?) etc.
>
>Your guess is as good as mine, and I'll defer to the criminal
>lawyers here, if there are any. My suspicion: In truly "criminal"
>enterprises, I suspect they'd go after the officers of the
>corporation. But in practice "trafficking" is a broad prohibition,
>and the Feds will arrest anyone involved who sets foot in the U.S.

Should be quite interesting in a tit-for-tat way when employees of
certain U.S. chip companies set foot in, say, Germany.

(Pace the Rambus /Infineon case, where charges and countercharges of
copyright and patent infringement, even the DCMA, are flying.)

--Tim May

--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns