Ashcroft Targets U.S. Cybercrime

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Jul 21 07:07:45 PDT 2001

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Petro wrote:

> 	Gee, imagine that, the Attorney General wanting to enforce crimes.
>
> 	What *is* this world coming to?
>
> 	We still live in a country that has laws, and we *should* expect
> the LEAs to enforce all laws that are on the books.
>
> 	If you have a problem with the laws, it's not the LEAs fault, it's
> the legislature and the Executive branch.

Actually they do share some of the blame. They are swore oaths to support
the constitution and the ideals of the this country. Which in many cases
is clearly not the intent or result of their actions. They are actively
looking for methods to circumvent current laws that put a bridle on their
activity. LEA's don's say "OK, we have a 4th so we have to have probable
cause first", it's like "OK, we have a 4th. We need to find a way around
it."

In many cases it is the LEA's themselves which ask for these laws or a law
that gives them the latitutude to get around other restraints.

And LEA's are a part of the 'executive branch'.

                Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night:
                God said, "Let Tesla be", and all was light.

                                          B.A. Behrend

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com