Ashcroft Targets U.S. Cybercrime

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Sat Jul 21 01:25:50 PDT 2001

Seth Finkelstein <sethf at sethf.com> Nostradamused:

>       Remember what I told you: "If you think Clinton was dismal,
>you're going to find out what dismal *is*, during a Bush administration."

By BRIAN BERGSTEIN, Associated Press Writer

>   MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) - Calling computer security one of the
>   nation's top problems, Attorney General John Ashcroft said Friday that
>   the government is forming nine special units to prosecute hacking and
>   copyright violations.

Petrol fumed:
#
#    Gee, imagine that, the Attorney General wanting to enforce crimes.
#
#    What *is* this world coming to?

Dude, the Feds just arrested someone for "copyright violations"
when no complaint had been made.

Think about this latest manifestation of General Ashcroft's
righteous penis.

----

And if he thinks the government isn't keeping gun check
records beyond any amount of time, he's fooling himself.

He should study the history of the NSA.