Your Membership Community & Commentary, 07-20-01

Your Membership Newsletter FLN-Community at FreeLinksNetwork.com
Fri Jul 20 14:48:43 PDT 2001

Your Membership Community & Commentary (July 20, 2001)
It's All About Making Money

Information to provide you with the absolute
best low and no cost ways of providing traffic
to your site, helping you to capitalize on the power
and potential the web brings to every Net-Preneur.

--- This Issue Contains Sites Who Will Trade Links With You! ---

-------------
IN THIS ISSUE
-------------
Doin' It, Doin' It, Doin' It... and the only thing worse than a bad ad campaign
Member Showcase
Commentary Quick Tips
Win A FREE Ad In Community & Commentary

||| =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=>>
    Today's Special Announcement:
||| =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=>>

"NOTHING BUT NET"
This is the success story of one guy working out of his
parent's basement, who went from 0 to $750,000 in sales in
his first year on the internet. No traditional advertising
of any kind was used, not even a business card. He moved
real world products without even so much as a physical
store. Now you'll be able to use the same powerful internet
marketing tactics he used. To find out even more:
http://activemarketplace.com/w.cgi?net-8886

||| =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=>>

You are a member in at least one of these programs
- You should be in them all!
http://www.BannersGoMLM.com
http://www.ProfitBanners.com
http://www.CashPromotions.com
http://www.MySiteInc.com
http://www.TimsHomeTownStories.com
http://www.FreeLinksNetwork.com
http://www.MyShoppingPlace.com
http://www.BannerCo-op.com
http://www.PutPEEL.com
http://www.PutPEEL.net
http://www.SELLinternetACCESS.com
http://www.Be-Your-Own-ISP.com
http://www.SeventhPower.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Doin' It, Doin' It, Doin' It... and the only thing worse than a bad ad campaign
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Dumber than a doornail - that's what he was - one of the richest home-
based businessmen I have ever had the opportunity to know personally.

For purposes of anonymity, lets call him Jack. Jack wasn't your typical
sharp-as-a-tack businessman, nor was he what you might term a master
marketer. Actually, he wasn't really even all that bright. He was one of
those types that, though he dressed nicely, when he opened his mouth,
you would grit your teeth hoping he wouldn't say something terribly
foolish or offensive.

About seven years ago, Jack approached my husband and me about
providing a certain service for his expansive downline in a network
marketing company. While we were not interested in network marketing,
nor did we believe we would gain a significant number of customers
through this business relationship, Jack convinced us to provide this
service for his organization.

What followed blew our minds.

Once we had all things set up and customized to begin taking orders,
Jack made an announcement to his downline. The orders immediately
began to trickle in. Jack sent out reminders for several weeks. The
orders came by the thousands. We had to hire more employees to
take Jack's orders. Every month, orders increased and business was
booming.

Through many meetings over the next few months, we got to know
Jack. One of his associates had put together a fairly unattractive
executive summary for all distributors to use. We offered to redo it
free of charge. Jack declined and said he wanted it up right away...
as is. Surely, even not-so-bright Jack could see the importance of
reworking this document that thousands of distributors would be using.

Nevertheless, the executive summary went out "as is." We felt sure
it would backfire. But, do you know that things actually picked up
faster soon after it was distributed?

My husband and I scratched our heads as we wondered what in the
world Jack knew that we didn't. What was so fantastic about Jack
that he could have such influence over so many people. He said,
"Jump," and thousands of people asked, "How high?"

Why?

Jack invited us to accompany him to a conference he was putting
together. We were to present our services to his audience. My
husband and I went and took a small sales force with us. During
Jack's lectures, we left our booth to peek in every so often.

Throughout that whole three-day conference, I never heard Jack
say anything of real consequence. Yes, there was a lot of hype, but
there wasn't anything truly solid to the information he presented. In
fact, Jack would inevitably say something, quite frankly, stupid right
in the middle of his lectures. Yet, at Jack's suggestion, people
continued to sign up for our services in droves.

It wasn't until the end of the conference that we figured out what it
was that made Jack so successful.

Do you know what the secret to his success was?

He actually practiced what he preached. You see, Jack understood
two things quite well.

1) He knew that to get a desired outcome, he had to actually DO
something to get there.

2) He understood the exponential power of leveraging. Each person
in that room that he could get to DO something to work toward his
goal would exponentially get him there that much faster.

For purposes of this article, we're only going to take a look at the
first item above... doing something.

During those three days, Jack must have used the phrase, "Doin' It,
Doin' It, Doin' It," several dozen times. It really was quite annoying.
But, it didn't sink in until the end of the conference what he was
trying to teach his audience... That if they would just do something
- anything - every day toward their goals, they would get there.

It's so simple, it sounds ridiculous. Yet, that is exactly what not-so-
bright Jack did to get to his millions. He just started doing something.
He didn't wait until he had enough money to start his business (he
started flat broke with a young family). He didn't wait until the
executive summary was perfect, nor did he wait until his company
had a whole slew of products to sell. He knew where he wanted to
be, simply started with what he had and DID SOMETHING -
every day.

How does the saying go? "The road to hell is paved with good
intentions." How about this one, "You can't wish your way into
heaven." This is equally true of business dreams. A dream is nothing
more than a dream until you do something to make it a reality. The
plain and simple truth is that you can't wish your way to riches.
You've got to do something about it.

The problem most of us face is that, though we have an idea of
what ultimate outcome we want, the process of getting there seems
overwhelming. Taking off bite-size pieces each day is a much better
way of getting there. And... it works! Not-so-bright Jack is living
proof of this principle. Trust me, my saying that if Jack can do it,
anyone can, is not just some trite phrase.

Okay, let's take a break for a short quiz.

Q: Do you know what's worse than a bad sales aid?

A: No sales aid at all.

You know, my husband and I feel like we really missed out on
something at that conference. What did we miss out on?

Opportunity.

Sure, we took in plenty of orders. But, on our way home in the
plane, we both realized that if we had taken one sales aid (a piece
of equipment that would help those people with the service we
were offering), we would have sold 100's of them at a $100 profit
each. We wouldn't have had to stock any inventory or purchase
the equipment up front. We just needed to provide the sample
piece of equipment, an order form for taking orders, and then have
them drop-shipped in order for us to have pocketed an additional
$10,000 to $20,000 in those three days.

It wouldn't have made a huge difference how perfectly formatted
our order forms were. Simply having an order form - any order
form - would have sold plenty.

This is a concept that not-so-bright Jack understood very well.
He was anxiously engaged in "doin' it, doin' it, doin' it," and in
the process made his millions.

We have tried to take Jack's advice over the years. It takes time
and experience to come to understand the significance of this simple
concept... doing something every day. His advice has made and is
making a difference in our own business.

Now, ask yourself if there is something you have thought about
doing but have put off, a wish you would like... no... NEED to
make a reality.

Do you have an eBook you have been wanting to write but are
afraid you won't have the time to finish before the market is saturated?
Perhaps you are waiting to perfect it before releasing it? Are you
afraid you won't know how to market it?

Have you joined a company as a distributor, read over the
materials, but just haven't brought yourself to making a call or two?

Have you wanted to put up a website for your products or services,
but the task seems too daunting or too expensive?

Is there a business you would really like to start but are afraid of
failure? Perhaps you feel you don't have the capital to get it going?

If so, I challenge you to start now, today, to write down your
desired outcome and make it a goal. Then, do something -
anything toward that goal every day. Don't wait for perfect
circumstances. Don't wait for the ideal sales aid. Don't wait for
the money.

Don't let self-doubt, fear, time-wasters or money keep you from
doing some little thing each day. You may still have your doubts
and fears, but by doing something every day and seeing your
progress over time, you will soon find your doubts and fears
fading away.

Whether it be a simple phone call, an email, trading links, writing
a few words, sketching an idea; do something every day. You
will be surprised at the results.

And, if you've got a few more smarts than not-so-bright Jack,
you might just make an extra million or two.

-------------------------------------
About the Author...

Heidi Perry, the author of this article and a successful entrepreneur,
is editor of HomeBizBytes and co-founder of HomeBusinessOnline.com.
Sign up for her popular newsletter at
http://www.HomeBusinessOnline.com/nsl.htm

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Member Showcase
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Examine carefully - Those with email addresses included WILL
TRADE LINKS with you... You are encouraged to contact them.
There Are Many Ways To Build A Successful Business - Just look
at these successful sites & programs other members are involved
in...

OVER 12 MILLION DOLLARS PAID OUT IN 3 MONTHS TO MEMBERS
The Worlds Best CASH generating opportunity. EASY-Make $100,000
in a matter of months.  Join TODAY and your dreams will come true.
For more info ycon at home.com or http://www.makecashonline.com
SMILE you will get RICH!!
Trade Links - mailto:ycon at home.com

- Guess The View & Win a Vacation -
Try your luck at GuessTheView.com! Guess the destination
that matches the photo for your chance to WIN a 3-day 2-night
getaway to your choice of 40 exciting destinations, including
Orlando, Las Vegas, Hawaii, New Orleans and more!
http://www.adreporting.com/at.cgi?a=156074&e=/4/

DIAGNOSE YOUR OWN COMPUTER!
This Professional #1 PC Diagnostic tool is a very powerful
and reliable tool for troubleshooting desktop PC's.
Extremely easy to learn with a user-friendly, menu-driven
structure. Will work on virtually any PC!
Check out #1 PC Diagnostic: http://www.lab.to/sap/116

Affiliates of the World!
Top rated affiliate programs, excellent business opportunities,
great marketing resources and free advertising for you!
Visit the site to trade links. http://www.affiliates.uk.com
Trade Links - mailto:adrianbold at affiliates.uk.com

  If you have a product, service, opportunity or quality
  merchandise that appeals to people worldwide, reach your
  targeted audience! For a fraction of what other large
  newsletters charge you can exhibit your website here, and
  trade links for only $8 CPM.  Compare that to the
  industry average of $10-$15 CPM. Why?... Because as a
  valuable member we want you to be successful! Order today -
  Showcases are limited and published on a first come, first
  serve basis. For our secure order form, click here:
  http://bannersgomlm.com/ezine

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Commentary Quick Tips
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Do you have a marketing hint, product recommendation, or
online gem of wisdom you'd like to share with your fellow
subscribers? With your 2 - 10 line Quick Tip include your
name and URL or email address and  we'll give you credit
for your words of wisdom.

And, if you're looking for free advertising, this isn't
the place - check out the 'One Question Survey' below for
a great free advertising offer.

Send it in to mailto:Submit at AEOpublishing.com
with 'Quick Tip' in the Subject block.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Win A FREE Ad In Community & Commentary
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

To keep this interesting, how about this, every month we'll
draw a name from the replies and that person will win one
Sponsorship Showcase in the Community & Commentary, for FREE.
That's a value of over $800.00! Respond to each weekly survey,
and increase your chances to win with four separate entries.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK (07/20/01)...
 No right or wrong answers, and just by answering
 you are entered to win a Sponsorship Showcase  - Free!

 ~~~ Do you promote your website only online? ~~~

     yes   mailto:yes at AEOpublishing.com
     no    mailto:no at AEOpublishing.com

To make this as easy as possible for you, just click on the
hyperlinked answer to send us an e-mail  - you do not need to
enter any information in the subject or body of the message.

** ADD YOUR COMMENTS!  Follow directions above and
add your comments in the body of the message, and we'll
post the best commentaries along with the responses.

You will automatically be entered in our drawing for a free
Sponsorship ad in the Community & Commentary. Please
respond only one time per question.  Multiple responses
from the same individual will be discarded.

Last Weeks's Survey Results (07/13/01)

 ~~~ How often do you update your website? ~~~

     daily         23%
     weekly        29%
     monthly       32%
     1-4x a year   13%
     never          3%

or edit your interests.

Please send suggestions and comments to:
mailto:Editor at AEOpublishing.com
I invite you to send your real successes and showcase
your strategies and techniques, or yes, even your total bombs,
"Working Together We Can All Prosper."
mailto:Submit at AEOpublishing.com

For information on how to sponsor Your Membership
Community & Commentary visit: http://bannersgomlm.com/ezine

Copyright 2001 AEOpublishing.com