Killing the G8 Anarchists

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Jul 20 10:20:59 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 09:58:10AM -0700, Tim May wrote:
> Because, of course, Europeans are disarmed. Not like our Korean and
> white merchants in L.A., who used shotguns and AR-15s to kill the
> blacks and Mexicans who tried to burn down their stores.

Worse yet, apparently the shopkeepers of Genoa were strongly encouraged
by the government to head out of town. Then the barricades went up
around the "red zone" and shops and businesses not inside it seem to
be receiving minimal, if any, police protection.

In other words, the Europeans are disarmed, pressured to leave town,
and then they can watch CNN with us as their shops are looted and smashed
and the cops hunker down inside the red zone.

-Declan