All your prime bases are belong to us

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Jul 17 19:27:59 PDT 2001

At 9:02 PM -0500 7/17/01, measl at mfn.org wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 Oliver7870 at aol.com wrote:
>
>>  remove my email from mailing list
>
>No.
>
>You made the mistake of "suscriving", now we 0wn you, aol boy...

All your prime bases are belong to us.

BTW, I was not receiving Cypherpunks mail for several days, courtesy
of my ISP deciding to implement some new policy on reverse DNS
addresses (all mail from lne.com, which uses Verio, and mail from
Eric Hughes, who uses ricochet.net, bounced at my ISP...probably a
lot of other mail also never made it to me..so much for e-mail
subpoenas, eh?). My ISP has now decided not to enforce this policy,
thankfully.

Anyway, I looked at the Cypherpunks HyperArchive to see if the list
was still active. Mama Mia! More spam and crud and juvenalia than
ever before. An unbelievable amount of crap.

The lne.com scheme, which I think I had something to do with getting
going, is best. It passes all mail from subscribers, plus mail from
all known anonymous remailers. This allows uncensored traffic from
any subscriber, as well as anonymized posts through remailers. (Few
spammers use remailers.)

I'm happy with lne.com's approach (thanks, Eric M.!).

--Tim May

--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns