Computer detective talks about Levy evidence

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Tue Jul 17 13:16:21 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harmon Seaver" <hseaver at ameritech.net>
Subject: CDR: Re: Computer detective talks about Levy evidence

> he alleges that computer seizure is now routinely done in all
> criminal cases no matter what the charge.  Which is interesting if it's
> true.

I can tell you it is not true. I have a less than reputable brother (drugs),
and he was recently accused of running a small meth lab within whatever the
distance is of 2 school, so it's is a very serious accusation. The computer
that sits not 20 feet from the alleged location of the alleged meth lab
(sorry I honestly don't know the truth, all reports I get are at least
second hand) has not been notably touched by law enforcement officials of
any kind. So while I'm sure it is commonplace and perhaps standard protocol
to confiscate the computer with most crimes, there are exceptions.
                            Joe