What NAI is telling people

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Mon Jul 16 22:29:10 PDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 codehead at ix.netcom.com wrote:

>Back to the original question:  It's obvious that NAI is operating
>under the belief that some ISPs are complying with some unspoken BXA
>idea/wannabe-law and blocking encrypted messages from "no-no"
>originating domains.  Is this really the case, or is NAI also full of
>it on this one?

Bear replied:
#
#    Well, the easy way to find out would be to spoof the headers
#    of an encrypted email so it appears to originate from one of
#    those countries, send it to a tentacle or an anonymous account,
#    and see if it falls into a black hole somewhere.

The two times I've seen an IP address in the news for
Saddam Hussein (I think via Pakistan), it never worked.

It did when the reporter wrote up his article.

Let's mirror his site in the U.S.

Oh, wait, then we'd be a terrorist group.