Meatspace

Steve Thompson stevet at sendon.net
Mon Jul 16 07:11:59 PDT 2001

Quoting George at Orwellian.Org (George at Orwellian.Org):
> :   After more than a quarter of a century in prison, a Black Panther
> :   activist has won the right to a new trial. A judge ruled there had
> :   been prosecutorial misconduct. The judge overturned the conviction
> :   when it was disclosed the government prosecutors withheld critical
> :   evidence:
>
> That's a long time to sit in jail just because the FBI didn't want to
> reveal its monitoring operations, isn't it?

What a surprise that the interests of State Officials trumps due process.
It's also a shocking surprise that the individuals employed by the various
agencies collectively remained silent.

"Broken eggs and all that."

Regards,

Steve

--
``The pressure of society forces upon us conduct which later we discover to be
necessary for our happiness and for the preservation of a society whose

      -- H. J. Paton, ``Can Reason Be Practical?''