Slashdot | Recording Police Misconduct is Illegal

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Mon Jul 16 07:51:22 PDT 2001

Eugene Leitl  wrote:
#
#    What we're getting (surprise, surprise) is that recording of
#    the public is allright but not recording *by* the public. Mann's
#    "shooting back" is rapidly getting outlawed.

I'm not one to make apologies for this sort of thing,
and perhaps I skimmed the article too fast, but...

Isn't the ruling not specific to recording the police,
but that MA has a two-party recording rule?

Everyone has the same standard of "protection".