Who can tax a satellite?

Trevor crossetj at net-ronin.org
Fri Jul 13 11:48:17 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 07:53:09PM -1000, Reese wrote:
> At 10:43 PM 7/11/01, Tim May wrote:
>
>  >>One real world example of such.
>  >
>  >Learn to use a search engine. Search on the obvious terms, like
>  >"airlines overflight payments."
<Snipped a perfectly good example>
>  >
>  >Is this enough for the "one real world example"?
>
> Is that datum from cubatrade.org or cubaonline.org?
> How about from a real website?
>
>  >Or, like many quibblers, do you claim that "one example" is not enough?
>
> I specified one.  Since you seem to cite the FAA interalia though, I shall
> require the one example be from the FAA and not from some pro-Cuba
> organization.
>
> Reese
Perhaps like Tim suggested you should learn to use a search engine:
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&q=overflight+fees

Turns up the FAA's old page loads the FAA's NEW page from where you can
easily find http://www.faa.gov/aba/html_overflight/index.html. A short
quote:
"...aircraft operators will be required to pay fees for air traffic
control services provided to aircraft that operate in U.S. airspace, but
do not take off or land in the United States."

Stop being an ass.

               Trevor Crosse   crossetj at net-ronin.org