General Ashcroft makes his move

georgemw at speakeasy.net georgemw at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 13 08:12:32 PDT 2001

On 12 Jul 2001, at 19:55, A. Melon wrote:

>         Those 3 things you mentioned violate the First on at least two counts,
> free speech and press,
> and also the "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of
> religion, or
> prohibiting the free exercise thereof" part --- the obscenity and kid porn
> stuff is pure Judeo-Christian
> bigotry.

I don't think so.  AFAIK the bible doesn't condemn pedophilia
anywhere,  and in any case basing laws on moral values that come
from your religion is not at all the same as repecting the
esatblishment of a religeon.

> Whose to say other religions wouldn't teach the opposite? Like
the
> worship of Ishtar (Easter)
> for instance, whose scriptures have Her saying "My father taught me the kissing
> of the phallus". Or
> read "Coming of Age in Somoa" by Margret Mead.

I don't know much about Ashtaroth,  but but I do no that COAIS
has been refuted as a total hoax.
George