General Ashcroft makes his move

A. Melon juicy at melontraffickers.com
Thu Jul 12 19:55:36 PDT 2001

        Those 3 things you mentioned violate the First on at least two counts,
free speech and press,
and also the "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of
religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof" part --- the obscenity and kid porn
stuff is pure Judeo-Christian
bigotry. Whose to say other religions wouldn't teach the opposite? Like the
worship of Ishtar (Easter)
for instance, whose scriptures have Her saying "My father taught me the kissing
of the phallus". Or
read "Coming of Age in Somoa" by Margret Mead.

George at Orwellian.Org wrote:

  Jimminy Critic wrote:
  #
  #    Where is that boundary condition in the amendment? Saying "felons
  #    may not own firearms" is certainly an infringment. Rights don't
  #    come from the state after all (see 1st two para's of the DoI).
  #
  #    Amendment II
  #
  #    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of
  #    a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,
  #    shall not be infringed.

  Gee, how pure and simple.

  What is your position on the First Amendment and:

      o "obscenity"

      o child pornography

      o generated non-child child pornography