10th USENIX SECURITY SYMPOSIUM

Tiffany Peoples tiffany at usenix.org
Thu Jul 12 10:13:41 PDT 2001

Dear Cypherpunks:
I was hoping you could forward the following security conference
information (below) to your subscribers. Please let me know if you have
a more appropriate method for submitting this information. (ie, a
calendar of conferences/events page)
Thank you for your assistance!
Best Regards,
Tiffany Peoples, Marketing Coordinator
USENIX Association
2560 Ninth Street, Suite 215
Berkeley, CA.  94710
ph (510) 528-8649 x31
fx (510) 548-5738

10th USENIX SECURITY SYMPOSIUM
August 13-17, 2001
Washington, D.C.

For more information and to register, visit:
http://www.usenix.org/events/sec01
REGISTER BY JULY 20, 2001 AND SAVE UP TO $200!

Join security professionals, system and network administrators, and
researchers for a high-level, five-day tutorial and refereed technical
program.

* Keynote address by Richard M. Smith, CTO of the Privacy Foundation

* 25 refereed papers on the best new research, including "Reading
Between the Lines: Lessons from the SDMI Challenge" by Edward W. Felten,
Princeton University, and his research team

* Practical and immediately useful tutorials and Invited Talks by
industry leaders.
* Matt Blaze, AT&T Research Labs
* Mark Eckenwiler, U.S. Department of Justice
* Eric Murray, SecureDesign, LLC
* John Young and Deborah Natsios, Cartome.org

In depth, immediately useful TUTORIALS:
* Wireless IP Security and Connectivity * Network Security
* Intrusion Detection and Network Forensics * Hacking Exposed: Live!
* Cryptographic Algorithms Revealed * VPN Architecture and
Implementation