Who can tax a satellite?

ming ming at planetmongo.net
Thu Jul 12 01:12:13 PDT 2001

I thought it was sats of companies based in CA, not that the sat is
"hovering" that's the comparison to off-shore property of CA corporations
or individuals such as boats, etc?

Also, about airlines. Not sure they pay countries they fly over without
landing, wouldn't they only pay landing fees, customs fees, and taxs at
an airport? When planes get routed through a sovereign nation's
airspace is there any way to collect fees other than sending a bill back
to its nation of origin?

stu

[This is a sig file]
note: just expressing an opinion. Can I still do that in the 21st century?