Dropping out of the USA

petro petro at bounty.org
Tue Jul 10 21:42:05 PDT 2001

>Tim May wrote:
>>  I will say that there is no country out there that seems to be
>>  beyond the reach of U.S. law enforcement, pace the points we discuss
>>  so often about drug warriors, freezing of accounts, extradition,
>>  etc.  Even Yugoslavia has just bowed to U.S. financing pressures
>>  (sending Milosevic to the Hague for a show trial).
>
>The cost is higher, though, especially the cost of figuring out what
>you are doing.  You are mostly out from under the footprint.  For
>example, it's much more difficult for the Feds to illegally tap your
>phone in, say, Russia.  Also, it will be harder for them to do their
>thing without tipping you off.

	Um.

	What about the Russians tapping your phone?

	Once outside the borders of the US, your jurisdictional
problems multiply, not only do you have to worry (at least a little
bit) about the USG, you have to worry about the G of your host
country.
--
http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
It is one of the essential features of such incompetence that the person so