freq meter vs. spectrum analyzer for sweeping

Dynamite Bob dbob at semtex.com
Tue Jul 10 14:51:50 PDT 2001

Some Melon wrote:
>  We borrowed a frequency meter, and went around the house with
it, but are unsure how to use it effectively. It doesn't have a
signal strength meter, so I'm thinking that if a bug is broad-
casting the meter should just stick on that frequency?<

You mean frequency counter.  It counts the Hertz of the local strongest
signal.

You need a spectrum analyzer, which shows you signal strength vs.
frequency.

And you need to worry about intermittent ('burst') bugs.

And WTF is an 'infinity' transmitter?