Condit's false testimony to cops

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Jul 10 08:00:42 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 04:30:28AM -0400, George at Orwellian.Org wrote:
> Today on the news it was clearly stated that the DC police
> answer to their funders and bosses: Congress.
>
> Congress owns the DC police.
>
> Only now are Republicans are starting to talk
> negatively about Condit...

Yeah, but they're going to have to be careful. Condit is a Dem,
and so was Clinton, and there are some succulent parallels.
But we haven't heard trash-talking about the Dems from the Repubs
for two reasons:

1. Look at Hyde, Gingrich, Burton. If extramarital affairs were crimes,
the GOP would be equally felonious.

2. Condit is a conservative Dem who often votes with the GOP. One of
my highly placed GOP sources sent me a Condit joke yesterday with this
which I like, so this is meant as non-partisan black humor."

-Declan