Meatspace anonymity manual

petro petro at bounty.org
Tue Jul 10 02:20:34 PDT 2001

>On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, A. Melon wrote:
>
>>They've got a good idea -- one of the tactics used by cops for quite
>>awhile is to have undercover agents in the crowd who spot the *real*
>>troublemakers, leaders, etc. and then often an "affinity squad" will
>>target that individual. By making it very difficult to differentiate any
>>individuals, that whole cop tactic becomes useless.
>
>So there will be joint prosecutions, with each of the Bloc-ers receiving
>indictments for *all* of the "operations" performed. I also think such
>aggressive demonstrations will make the police even more trigger-happy than
>they are now.

	They have probably discussed this, and are willing to deal with it.

	After all, given the state of the American Press, this would
be P.R. Suicide for the Police.

>>The other part of the bloc is that by staying together in a tight group,
>>they can grab arrestees from the cops more easily. We used to have groups
>>of two or three who worked together this way, more is better.
>
>The only logical conclusion I can see to skirmishes between black-clad
>anarchists, going on "street operations", and governmental riot control
>forces, is that the police are eventually given the right to just gun the
>protestors down, irregardless of whether they have *done* anything. Unless

	Maybe in Finland, but here in the US, the government official
that gave the orders to shoot a crowd of protestors would *not* be
working much longer.
--
http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
It is one of the essential features of such incompetence that the person so