Condit's false testimony to cops

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Mon Jul 9 19:07:33 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 06:37:02PM -0700, Tim May wrote:
> It depends on the specific phrasings used. And whether he was under
> oath (for a "perjury" charge). If the FBI was present, a so-called
> "1001" violation could have occurred, though it is difficult to prove
> such lies.

Then again, there's always obstruction of justice, a catch-all Bellsian
offense. See:
 http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/condit_smith010709.html
 Feds Explore Condit Obstruction Allegation

> If Clinton, er, Condit,  killed the slut and dumped her body, he may
> skate as well. Most bodies buried deep in the woods are never found.
> I'll bet Clinton now wishes he'd done to Monica what he probably did
> to a bunch of his other enemies.

Heh. If I were especially conspiratorial, I'd mention that White House
intern who was murdered at a Georgetown Starbucks. Ah, here's a cite:
http://www.copi.com/articles/goddard/murder.html

-Declan