Condit's false testimony to cops

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Jul 9 18:37:02 PDT 2001

At 4:22 PM -0700 7/9/01, Dynamite Bob wrote:
>Its illegal to lie to cops (though not to be mute to them).

It depends on the specific phrasings used. And whether he was under
oath (for a "perjury" charge). If the FBI was present, a so-called
"1001" violation could have occurred, though it is difficult to prove
such lies.

>Will Condit get busted for lying about bonking
>his intern or are congresscritters special objects?

Unlikely, though he may well lose his next election.

Clinton lied repeatedly before a grand jury and he skated.

If Clinton, er, Condit,  killed the slut and dumped her body, he may
skate as well. Most bodies buried deep in the woods are never found.
I'll bet Clinton now wishes he'd done to Monica what he probably did
to a bunch of his other enemies.

--Tim May

--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns