Condit cracks

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Mon Jul 9 10:41:01 PDT 2001

One odd thing about the Condit affair: the leaks.

Oh, the leaks themselves aren't surprising.

But are leaks now so ubiquitous that there's
no comment at all on them?

He's been interviewed three times, and "police sources"
kept us informed each time.

This time the interview included the FBI, and we
promptly got reports that Condit was indeed having
an affair. And: he hadn't broken it off when she
disappeared.

Ain't intense media pressure great?

----

JYA, stay away from the corpse sniffing dogs
so they don't get confused. ;-)

----

# Subject: TV as an indicator...
# From: Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net>
#
#    I turned on a television set last night, for the first time in
#    many months.  I was watching videotapes, but I caught fragments
#    of shows while tapes were rewinding, etc.
#
#    American TV has taken a definite turn for the vicious since I
#    last watched.  It's still pablum-and-opiates, but someone has
#    spiked it.

Oh, it's always been there.

Once again it is that time of year when every sort of
news show dumps the latest "running of the bulls" gore
story on us. This year an American female got "a foot
long gash in her thigh", and we found out bulls can't
make a 90 degree turn on wet stones.

    7/8/2001 Newt Gingrich on Judith Regan Tonight:
    When I was a teenager, Isaac Assimov's Foundation
    series changed my life.