Declan misses the mark on ecash

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Mon Jul 9 09:03:55 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 10:15:04AM -0400, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> Adam Back  <adam at cypherspace.org> wrote:
> >Perhaps the berkeley lawyers opinion could be tracked down?
>
> I personally don't remember the Berkeley lawyers ever getting involved.
> [Thank God.  Dealing with that office is just Not Fun.]
>
> I think the OP of this factoid was confusing it with the position of
> Stanford's lawyers regarding SRP.

So I asked Bob Hettinga as I thought I saw the comment on one of his lists,
and with Ben Laurie who apparently made one of the comments and it appears
there was confusion surrounding the comment by either Ben or Bob.

Which doesn't alter my opinion about Declan's comments about Wagner's
blinding method, but I thought I'd track it down and set the record straight
on the mythical berkeley law prof.

Adam