Meatspace anonymity manual

A. Melon juicy at melontraffickers.com
Mon Jul 9 06:32:06 PDT 2001

Ray Dillinger wrote:

  On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Sampo Syreeni wrote:

  >the protection afforded by Black Blocs is quite thin (just indict them under
  >organized crime or gang laws),

>  The similar clothing is enough to charge with gang membership and invoke
>  RICO.  Also, the 'black bloc' tactic has 'premeditated' written all over
>  it.  I'd say these kids haven't provided more protection for themselves;
>  on the contrary, they've raised the stakes.  The cops will have to arrest
>  *more* people in order to deal with the bloc, but the people arrested
>  when it happens are going to be charged with more serious crimes, like
>  racketeering, conspiracy, and membership in a corrupt organization, than
>  if they'd stuck with the simpler tactics.  And most of what they might
>  otherwise have claimed as defenses are going to crumble under that
>  'premeditation' thing.

      That's irrelevant -- the fedz, and even state courts, are already giving
the heaviest sentences to
protesters of anytime in our history. And you obviousely have never taken part
in any street actions.
They've got a good idea -- one of the tactics used by cops for quite awhile is
to have undercover
agents in the crowd who spot the *real* troublemakers, leaders, etc. and then
often an "affinity
squad" will target that individual. By making it very difficult to
differentiate any individuals, that
whole cop tactic becomes useless.
       The other part of the bloc is that by staying together in a tight group,
they can grab arrestees
from the cops more easily. We used to have groups of two or three who worked
together this way,
more is better.