Condit cracks

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sun Jul 8 16:58:18 PDT 2001

The truck:
http://www.mccullagh.org/image/950-23/gary-condit-chandra-levy-2.html

The apartment and media stakeout:
http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/gary-condit-stakeout-july01.html

The media stakeout is both pathetic and hysterical: Condit has not
been spotted within miles of his apartment in the last few weeks but
they're outside anyway. I chatted with a New York Post photog who was
philosophical when challenged by some passers-by -- he was getting
paid by the hour, he said, and didn't mind the wait.

Other residents of the apartment building are starting to take
offense; around noon today one started screaming at and physically
threatened some of the reporters, who are now clustered in clumps for
safety.

-Declan